3 Day Classic Backpacker Tour- Oxford, Bath, Stonehenge
Our classic tour of the South of England encompasses some of the most visited historic cities in the country- academic Oxford with its universities and stunning buildings, honey-coloured stone traditional villages in The Cotswolds and the Roman city of relaxation- Bath. And of course we couldn’t finish a classic trip without a visit to Stoneheng
- Historic Walking tour in Oxford
- Pub Crawl in literary Oxford
- Wonder through the rooms & gardens at the UNESCO Heritage Site- Blenheim Palace
- Visit honey-coloured English villages in the Cotswolds & try a cream tea
- Walking Tour in Bath with traditional food samples
- Visit to the iconic Stonehenge circle
- Group dinners & competitions
- Driver/Guide & Transport in our Backpacker Bus
- 2 Nights in Dorm Beds in Shared Rooms
- Historic Walking Tour in Oxford
- Pub Crawl in literary Oxford
- Roman History & Traditional Food Sampling Walking Tour in Bath
- 1 x Full English Breakfast
- 1 x Hostel Breakfast
- Welcome Goody Bag
Day 1 (Wednesday)
- Departure from Park Royal Tube Station (Piccadilly Line) at 10am and receive our Full English Backpacker Bus Goody Bag!
- A quick stop in riverside town Henley-On-Thames, voted one of the 'most beautiful towns in England' by The Times.
- Weaving through Oxfordshire villages you'll arrive around lunchtime in historic Oxford, home of the ancient university. Free time for lunch perhaps for bangers and mash in one of the city's tiny wood-beamed pubs, or for a jacket potato in a local cafe.
- Afternoon Walking tour led by our driver/guide around Oxford sights.
- Free time in the afternoon to explore the museums and perhaps go punting, depending on the English weather!
- Pub crawl starting in the hostel and taking you around Oxford's famous student nigh
tlife. They work hard but also party hard!
Day 2 (Thursday)
- Full English Breakfast (included) at the local Crisis cafe which supports an English homeless charity.
- Optional visit to Blenheim Palace to see the home to the 12th Duke and Duchess of Marlborough and birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill, with over 300 years of history to discover. Those who do not wish to buy a ticket can visit the maze in the grounds and can visit nearby village of Woodstock.
- Travel deeper into The Cotswolds to visit some traditional thatched-cottage, honey coloured stone villages amongst the rolling hills, for plenty of photo opportunities. Also the chance to try a traditional cream tea in the countryside with scones and jam!
- Onwards to Bath for an optional group dinner at popular student hangout The Bell, for live music and pizza, as well as the chance to taste local cider made in the West Country.
Day 3 (Friday)
- Walking tour around Bath in the late morning to see where the Romans once 'chilled out', and get to taste some samples of English traditional snacks and treats.
- Heading back east, we then visit the iconic Stonehenge circle where you can either pay entry by shuttle bus or use our tips to see it for free!
- Stopping for a traditional English roast carvery (veggie options available as always!) in the countryside, you'll get to taste our range of meats, vegetables, potatoes and many gravys and accompaniments, traditional for an English family meal.
- Heading back to London we'll arrive at Park Royal Tube Station around 5pm, ready for you to head out for any evening plans in London.
3 days / 2 nights
Flexible cancellation policy
At a glance
|Your group size
||Min 1, max 15
||3 days / 2 nights
Driver/Guide & Transport in our Backpacker Bus, 2 x Nights in Dorm Beds, Historic Walking Tour in Oxford, Pub Crawl in literary Oxford, Roman History & Traditional Food Sampling Walking Tour in Bath, 1 x Full English Breakfast, 1 x Hostel Breakfast, Welcome Goody Bag
All meals not mentioned, tips, Blenheim Palace entry
Things to consider
The English weather is famously unpredictable- it's highly recommended you bring a waterproof jacket, an umbrella and waterproof shoes. Outside of summer, also recommended to bring gloves and a scarf- you never know!
If you'd like to join or leave the tour at different points, please contact us and we can see if it can be arranged.
If you'd like to stay in the dormitories some nights and arrange your own accommodation for the other nights, then contact us and we can see if this is possible.
What to bring
You are recommended to have your own travel insurance and please bring your ID with you.
The bus does not have much luggage storage so please pack as lightly as possible and do not bring a large suitcase or backpack.