* Historic Walking tour in Oxford
* Pub Crawl in literary Oxford
* Beatles Walking Tour & explore the British music scene in Liverpool
* Visit to Charles Darwin’s birthplace Shrewsbury
* Taste scones & jam in a Cotswolds village
* See Roman ruins in Chester
* Try fish & chips in the ‘Las Vegas of England’- Blackpool
* Hiking, climbing and whisky & gin tasting in the breathtaking Lake District
* Group dinners & quizzes
* Driver/Guide & Transport in our Backpacker Bus
* 6 Nights Dorm Accommodation in a Shared Room
* Historic Walking Tour in Oxford
* Pub Crawl in literary Oxford
* Beatles Walking Tour in Liverpool
* 1 x Full English Breakfast
* 1 x Dinner Voucher in Liverpool
* 2 x Hostel Breakfasts
* Quiz Night in The Lake District
* Welcome Goody Bag
* Departure from Park Royal Tube Station (Piccadilly Line) in London at 10am and receive our Full English Backpacker Bus Goody Bag!
* A quick stop in riverside town Henley-On-Thames, voted one of the 'most beautiful towns in England' by The Times.
* Weaving through Oxfordshire villages you'll arrive around lunchtime in historic Oxford, home of the ancient university. Free time for lunch perhaps for bangers and mash in one of the city's tiny wood-beamed pubs, or for a jacket potato in a local cafe.
* Afternoon Walking tour led by our driver/guide around Oxford sights.
* Free time in the afternoon to explore the museums and perhaps go punting, depending on the English weather!
* Pub crawl starting in the hostel and taking you around Oxford's famous student nightlife. They work hard but also party hard!
* Full English Breakfast (included) at the local Crisis cafe which supports an English homeless charity.
* Travel to The Cotswolds to see a couple of traditional thatched-cottage, honey coloured stone villages amongst the rolling hills, for plenty of photo opportunities. One well known amongst tourists- the other our secret!
* A 2 hour journey creeping further north to Shrewsbury, the birthplace of Charles Darwin and a quirky yet traditional Tudor city to have lunch in and explore.
* Onwards 2 more hours to reach iconic Liverpool, in the north-west of England.
* Chill out in our hostel in the Georgian Quarter with the two Kevins, who have jam sessions in their recording studio and have been known to film music videos featuring the guests!
* Walking tour about Liverpool & The Beatles- led by Kevin Snr who will tell you what it was like during the Beatlemania period in the 1960's, ending in The Cavern Club where they regularly performed.
* Free afternoon to explore Liverpool's docks, Tate Modern and or check out the Northern hospitality at the local pubs.
* Option to visit Manchester in the afternoon by train.
* Dinner recommendations to try either in Liverpool's hipster dining scene with secret cocktail bars, or traditional Scouse or pie and mash.
* Nightlife recommendations in Liverpool.
* A trip to Chester for a few hours to check out the most complete Roman walls in Britain, and Chester Castle.
* Travel further north with a stop in 'The Las Vegas of England' and famous British domestic holiday destination- Blackpool! Known for its drag queens, Blackpool ballroom, gambling arcades, fish & chips and saucy postcards, it's the ultimate tacky English seaside experience.
* Moving onwards to The Lake District we arrive in Kendal, which will be our base for the next two days. Continuing the famous Northern hospitality- Kristina and her mum Jan will welcome you to their hostel (who is still a backpacker and stays regularly in dorm rooms!).
* Spend the late morning and early afternoon in Keswick, a pretty market town where you can choose from several different hikes to do in the surrounding rolling hills around the breathtaking lakes (whatever your ability!, and load up on rhubarb & custard sweets in the local traditional sweet shop.
* Those who have pre-booked either the Mine Tour or Via Ferrata climb at the Honister Slate Mine will be dropped off, in the middle of one of the best journeys of the trip- a meander through the Borrowdale Valley and its stunning red and green peaks around Buttermere Lake.
* The rest of the group will be taken to the award winning Lakes Distillery to learn about how whisky, gin and vodka are made using the local Derwentwater River & Lake, with tastings at the end of course!
* Optional Friday Night Pub Quiz in the hostel hosted by Jan and Kristina- The Great British Lake-Off! (yes, sorry, we know)
* The more adventurous of the group can opt to hike the 6 hour up and down route of Helvellyn, one of the highest peaks in the UK and formed by volcanic rock.
* The rest of the group can opt to be taken to Bowness-on-Windermere, the tourist hub of The Lakes where you can take a boat ride across the picture perfect blue lake over to Ambleside. Many walks and hikes are available for all abilities and you can also sample the famous gingerbread from Grasmere.
* Last night curry (Britain's favourite food!) in Kendal to reflect on the trip and celebrate with a mini award ceremony! Some cracking prizes on offer.
* The long road back to London and some recovery time!
* A stop for a traditional Sunday Roast Carvery in the West Midlands (veggie options available as always!) to join in with our family traditions.
* Arrival in Cambridge around 4pm for some free time to wander round, or you can opt to leave the tour here if you'd prefer to explore it further.
* Arrival back in London at South Woodford tube station (Central line) at around 7:30pm.
7 days / 6 nights
|Tour type||Group tour|
|Your group size||Min 1, max 4|
|Duration||7 days / 6 nights|
|Food options||Vegetarian, vegan|
Driver/Guide & Transport in our Backpacker Bus, 6 Nights Dorm Accommodation in a Shared Room, Historic Walking Tour in Oxford, Pub Crawl in literary Oxford, Beatles Walking Tour in Liverpool, 1 x Full English Breakfast, 1 x Dinner Voucher in Liverpool, 2 x Hostel Breakfasts, Quiz Night in The Lake District, Welcome Goody Bag
Any meals not mentioned, tips, Climbing Experience, Mine Tour, Distillery Tour
The English weather is famously unpredictable- it's highly recommended you bring a waterproof jacket, an umbrella and waterproof shoes. Outside of summer, also recommended to bring gloves and a scarf- you never know!
If you'd like to join or leave the tour at different points, please contact us and we can see if it can be arranged.
There may be other guests on the tour who are joining in Oxford or Liverpool.
If you'd like to stay in the dormitories some nights and arrange your own accommodation for the other nights, then contact us and we can see if this is possible.
You are recommended to have your own travel insurance and please bring your ID with you.