This role is a Fixed Term Contract for 12-18 months.
Skyscanner is a leading global travel search site and app, a place where people are inspired to plan and book direct from millions of travel options at the best prices. We employ over 1200 staff across twelve offices globally, and, having reached market leader status, we were recently acquired by Chinese online travel company Ctrip in a deal valued at £1.4bn. While we remain operationally independent, our acquisition by Ctrip allows us to take the business to the next level of accelerated global growth. It’s a hugely exciting time for Skyscanner and the over 60m people who use us every month. We are unbiased and free, and our secret is in our unique proprietary technology that connects people directly to everything the travel industry has to offer.
As a People Data Analyst at Skyscanner, you will draw from your practical experience to produce highest quality data analysis, business insights and recommendations to be used by the business to inform decision making and guide strategy for business optimisation and growth. To do this you will work as the dedicated analytics partner within the People team using your skills to interpret data across a range of sources including Sage People (a Salesforce App), Greenhouse and a number of internally built systems, often surfacing it via Tableau. We’ll be looking to you to help shift Skyscanner’s HR Metrics model from descriptive to predictive/prescriptive, accelerating the impact of People Analytics within the organisation.
What you can expect as a People Data Analyst
- You are deeply numerate, passionate about discovering what the data says and have a solid business sense
- You will thrive in the world where data, analytical methods and business overlap. When you are not building dashboards or report, you are looking for trends, sharing actionable insights and taking steps to champion and drive up data quality.
- You excel at articulating and communicating analytical conclusions (visually, in writing and verbally) to team members and stakeholders at all levels of the business
- You communicate the value of and influence the use of data, producing convincing business cases and recommendations to your stakeholders
- You pride yourself in earning the trust of your team members, stakeholders and internal customers through the consistent quality and contribution of your analysis, interpretation and guidance
- You proactively seek to upskill your colleagues enabling the wider team to be self-sufficient in performing analysis and deep dives into the data that describes their domain.
Experience you can bring
- A degree in Mathematics, Economics, Business, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Data Science or similar background.
- Demonstrable track record delivering high quality analysis by distilling large and varied data sources to produce actionable business insight
- Using analytical tools such as Tableau, Excel, SQL, etc.
- Working effectively as contributing and guiding member of a team
- Ability to proactively manage and prioritise workload in a deadline driven environment with multiple internal customers
- Owning projects and driving for successful business outcomes based on agreed metrics/KPIs
- First class English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Working experience in either a business/management or analytical role
- Ideally, you’ll also bring the following experience, but it’s not a must have –
- Experience of working in an HR/People function and familiarity with the business processes & data that surround the employee lifecycle.
- Experience of applying analytical methods/techniques to deliver reliable conclusions when faced with imperfect or incomplete data
- Experience of applying statistics in a business context
- Creation and timely production of high quality reports and dashboards
We are proud to have a working environment that sets our employees up for success, as well as all the usual perks you would expect from barista machines to massage chairs, to free food, holiday buying scheme as well as frequent townhalls with our CEO. What we really aim for is a place where people can thrive, be trusted to make impact and ultimately help us put our users first.
Don't forget to mention that you found the offer on Triptipedia!
This offer was posted more than 30 days ago, it might have
Apply for this job