Skyscanner is a leading global travel search site and app, a place where people are inspired to plan and book direct from millions of travel options at the best prices. We employ over 1000 staff across 11 offices globally, and, having reached market leader status, we were recently acquired by Chinese online travel company Ctrip in a deal valued at £1.4bn. While we remain operationally independent, our acquisition by Ctrip allows us to take the business to the next level of accelerated global growth. It’s a hugely exciting time for Skyscanner and the over 80m people who use us every month. We are unbiased and free, and our secret is in our unique proprietary technology that connects people directly to everything the travel industry has to offer.
We are seeking a product designer to join us and be part of our highly distributed global team. Skyscanner is on this planet to help people get around it. It’s already a world-changing service and we’re seeking talented and thoughtful product designers to define and execute against this grand vision. You will have full ownership of the end to end journey, with responsibility for crafting the user and visual experience of our white label product, ensuring that it is fully branded. By joining us, you’ll be entrusted to do just that! We are dedicated to solving the travel needs of our friends, family, and the world. With more than 80M monthly users across more than 30 countries, our products have a truly global impact.
Do you love making things easy to understand and delightful to use? Can you prove you know why, what, and how a product - with soul - is created, by showing something you’ve designed and shipped that spoke to body, heart and mind. Can you show how deep your understanding is around specific interaction problems you helped solve?
Our designers are our product manager's secret weapon. A master tailor, sewing things together into one beautiful woven experience – without losing sight of why. Do you thrive best when helping to define the requirements as a team, not just translating them into designs? If so this could be the place for you!
* A supportive, trusting and transparent working environment
* A place to look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions
* We deliver quickly and we’re never afraid of trying new things. Sometimes it fails but we have a culture of forgiveness and experimentation. That’s what makes us fearless in taking bigger bolder steps. We’re in this together
* An environment of continuous improvement where you optimise for impact and velocity
* Previous job experience as a UX/UI designer ideally within an internet economy business or equivalent
* Your portfolio has some best-in-class work and demonstrates your ability to shape broad conceptual ideas into valuable features for users and explain how and why. The ideal portfolio will detail clearly your contribution to the presented projects and will outline your thought process from the hypothesis stage throughout the final result as well as used methodologies.
* You nail the ABCs of Design, purpose, poise, panache
* You can output quick iterations and hi-fidelity prototypes and still have the ability to work in a changing environment. You know the pit falls of just incrementalism. Show us grand thinking, and small actions that had impact
* You are data aware, informed and driven, (We’re not talking about testing the colour blue!). Analytics don’t scare you, and you know which features can act as force multipliers on the business. You might not be a data scientist, but you long to harness data more to validate your designs
* You’re passionate and empathetic - you fall in love with problems, not solutions. You don’t burn out if things don’t go your way. You’re a doer, and a helper
Don't forget to mention that you found the offer on Triptipedia!
This offer was posted more than 30 days ago, it might have
Apply for this job