How to contribute to Triptipedia & guidelines
Triptipedia is a collaborative project, everybody can write a travel tip to share
with the community. Our contributors are very diverse:
- Travelers: travel bloggers or people who simply enjoy traveling
- Locals: people who want to talk about their own city, region or country
- Tourism professionals: tour operators, travel agencies, hotel owners, etc
- Governments: official tourism departments
What is a travel tip?
A travel tip is basically an article sharing advice or important information that travelers might find useful.
You can find examples on the travel tips page.
You'll need a minimum of 200 words and 1 picture to submit a travel tip. You must be
the author of the travel tips that you submit on Triptipedia.
We don't require exclusive content, you can re-use your blog posts, as long as you are the original author.
The pictures submitted to Triptipedia must be legally available for use. If you submit a picture that
is not yours, you must comply with its license. Watermarked pictures are not allowed.
Choosing a topic to write about
You are free to choose the topic you want to write about, we only require that it is travel-related. Contributors often pick a specific place, but it's not mandatory.
Display topic ideas for your travel tips
- Transport system of a specific city
- A journey from a specific place to another one
- Comparisons of banks and ATMs regarding withdrawing fees
- Top things to do in a specific place
- Lesser known things to do in a specific place
- Traveling safely in a specific place or in general
- Avoiding the crowds while visiting a popular spot
- Crossing a specific border
- A common scam that you know or have been a victim of
- Having a specific diet in a place with very few options
- An event such as a festival, a tradition or a celebration
- Hitchhiking in a specific place
- Traveling with a disability in a specific place
- Learning a language
- An activity that's popular with the locals
- Behaviors that locals have that can be surprising to visitors
- Proper behavior to adopt to respect the local culture
- Buying specific items
- Packing light for a specific place or activity
- Banned items in a specific country
- Working or studying abroad
- The schedule for a place, a bus or anything else
- Dealing with solicitators
- Where to find official information
- Doing laundry in a specific place
- Local dishes to try
- Bargaining in a specific place
- Traveling as a LGBT
- Travel insurance and required paperwork
- Visiting bars and clubs in a specific place
- Internet censorship
- Using a specific transportation mode such as renting a scooter
- Reducing the negative impact of traveling
- A hike that requires some knowledge
- Sending and receiving mail in a specific country
- Visting a specific place on a budget
- Places to visit related to specific interests or hobbies
- Traveling as a family
- Booking online vs booking on the spot
- Long term traveling
- Dressing properly in a specific place
- Reimbursement and / or compensation after a cancellation
- Buying a SIM card in a specific country
- Using mobile payments options
- Dealing with corrupted officials
- Accommodation options in a specific place
- Traveling as a digital nomad
- Laws that foreigners might not know about
- Climate and weather information, such as seasons
- Driving in a specific country
- Getting a visa
- Overstaying a visa
- Sensitive topics to avoid in a specific place
- Using a taxi or a peer-to-peer ridesharing service
- Use of English by locals in a specific place
- Exchanging money
- Tipping in a specific country
- Xenophobia and discrimiation in a specific place
- Laws regarding drug use
- Frequent natural disasters that can happen in a specific place
- Going to the hospital in a specific country
Writing a successful travel tip
So far, more than 1200 travel tips have been published on Triptipedia, which gives us some hindsight on what kind of content gets popular.
Here are a few suggestions to increase your chances of success:
- Answer precise questions that people might search for: How to go from Osaka to Tokyo?,
How much does it cost to visit Paris?, etc.
- Write down important information such as: prices, schedules, seasons, maps, itineraries, etc.
- Include relevant pictures
Feel free to have a look at the travel tips already published, they can be a great source of inspiration.
Self-promotion and advertisement
You can use your public profile to talk about your business and / or activity, link your website and
social media. However, doing so in an article itself is a paying feature.
If you wish to publish a sponsored travel tip, please contact us.
also have a look at our FAQ.
You can submit your travel tips directly on Triptipedia using our online editor.
If it's not already done, create an account by clicking on "Join", in the top menu. Then use the write a tip button to start writing your travel tip.
These guidelines are for travel tips only. Here is the information related to tours & activities and accommodations.