How to Contribute to Triptipedia & Guidelines
Triptipedia is a collaborative project, everybody can write a travel tip to share
with the community. Our contributors are very diverse:
- Travelers: travel bloggers or people who simply enjoy traveling
- Locals: people who want to talk about their own city, region or country
- Tourism professionals: tour operators, travel agencies, hotel owners, etc
- Governments: official tourism departments
What is a travel tip?
A travel tip is basically an article sharing advice or important information that travelers might find useful.
You can find examples on the travel tips page.
You'll need a minimum of 200 words and 1 picture to submit a travel tip. You must be
the author of the travel tips that you submit on Triptipedia.
We don't require exclusive content, you can re-use your blog posts, as long as you are the original author.
The pictures submitted to Triptipedia must be legally available for use. If you submit a picture that
is not yours, you must comply with its license. Watermarked pictures are not allowed.
Choosing a topic to write about
You are free to choose the topic you want to write about, we only require that it is travel-related. Contributors often pick a specific place, but it's not mandatory.
Display topic ideas for your travel tips
- Transport system of a specific city
- A journey from a specific place to another one
- Comparisons of banks and ATMs regarding withdrawing fees
- Top things to do in a specific place
- Lesser known things to do in a specific place
- Traveling safely in a specific place or in general
- Avoiding the crowds while visiting a popular spot
- Crossing a specific border
- A common scam that you know or have been a victim of
- Having a specific diet in a place with very few options
- An event such as a festival, a tradition or a celebration
- Hitchhiking in a specific place
- Traveling with a disability in a specific place
- Learning a language
- An activity that's popular with the locals
- Behaviors that locals have that can be surprising to visitors
- Proper behavior to adopt to respect the local culture
- Buying specific items
- Packing light for a specific place or activity
- Banned items in a specific country
- Working or studying abroad
- The schedule for a place, a bus or anything else
- Dealing with solicitators
- Where to find official information
- Doing laundry in a specific place
- Local dishes to try
- Bargaining in a specific place
- Traveling as a LGBT
- Travel insurance and required paperwork
- Visiting bars and clubs in a specific place
- Internet censorship
- Using a specific transportation mode such as renting a scooter
- Reducing the negative impact of traveling
- A hike that requires some knowledge
- Sending and receiving mail in a specific country
- Visting a specific place on a budget
- Places to visit related to specific interests or hobbies
- Traveling as a family
- Booking online vs booking on the spot
- Long term traveling
- Dressing properly in a specific place
- Reimbursement and / or compensation after a cancellation
- Buying a SIM card in a specific country
- Using mobile payments options
- Dealing with corrupted officials
- Accommodation options in a specific place
- Traveling as a digital nomad
- Laws that foreigners might not know about
- Climate and weather information, such as seasons
- Driving in a specific country
- Getting a visa
- Overstaying a visa
- Sensitive topics to avoid in a specific place
- Using a taxi or a peer-to-peer ridesharing service
- Use of English by locals in a specific place
- Exchanging money
- Tipping in a specific country
- Xenophobia and discrimiation in a specific place
- Laws regarding drug use
- Frequent natural disasters that can happen in a specific place
- Going to the hospital in a specific country
Writing a successful travel tip
So far, more than 1200 travel tips have been published on Triptipedia, which gives us some hindsight on what kind of content gets popular.
Here are a few suggestions to increase your chances of success:
- Answer precise questions that people might search for: How to go from Osaka to Tokyo?,
How much does it cost to visit Paris?, etc.
- Write down important information such as: prices, schedules, seasons, maps, itineraries, etc.
- Include relevant pictures
Feel free to have a look at the travel tips already published, they can be a great source of inspiration.
You can use your public profile to talk about your business and / or activity, link your website and
social media. However, doing so in an article itself is a paying feature.
If you wish to publish a sponsored travel tip, please contact us.
Exclusive travel tips (never published elsewhere) can be monetized on Triptipedia. You can read all
the information on the dedicated page.
also have a look at our FAQ.
Travel tips are submitted directly on Triptipedia via our online editor, all you need to get started
is to create an account:
These guidelines are for travel tips only. Here is the information related to tours & activities and accommodations.