To participate on Triptipedia (which includes posting travel tips, listing tours and activities, commenting and liking), you must create an account that includes a username and a password. You can also browse Triptipedia without logging in.
You are solely responsible for the information associated with your account and anything that happens related to your account. You may not license, transfer, sell, or assign your account without our written approval.
If you violate these Terms, we may, in our sole discretion, close your account temporarily or definitively.
By submitting user content to Triptipedia, you grant us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to reproduce, prepare derivative works, distribute copies, perform, or publicly display your user content in any medium and for any purpose, including commercial purposes, and to authorize others to do so. You agree that you have the right to submit anything you post, and that your user content does not violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or any other personal or proprietary right of any other party.
We take no responsibility for, we do not expressly or implicitly endorse, and we do not assume any liability for any user content submitted to Triptipedia. If you were to encounter any misleading or wrong content, please let us know in the comment section of the concerned tip.
Third-party links may be posted on Triptipedia. If you use these links, you leave Triptipedia. These links are provided for your information and convenience only and are not an endorsement by Triptipedia of the content of such linked websites or third parties. Triptipedia has no control over the contents of any linked website and is not responsible for these websites or their content or availability.
The following content is prohibited on Triptipedia: violence incitation or encouragement, harassment, bullying and threatning, insults, spam, pornography, divulgation of personnal information, defamation and personnal attacks, plagiarism, illegal content. The complete rules are available on this page.
The tours, activities and transports (often refered as "tours") listed on Triptipedia are offered by the different Suppliers working with Triptipedia. Triptipedia only acts as an intermediate between the Traveler and the Supplier.
Therefore, Suppliers are solely responsible for honoring their bookings made through Triptipedia. Suppliers have their own extra terms, conditions and rules that the traveler accepts when booking through Triptipedia.
To book a tour on Triptipedia, the Traveler responsible for the booking must be at least 18 years of age on the day of the booking. The Traveler must agree to provide accurate information that is asked to him or to her.
The booking is confirmed once it has been accepted by the Supplier, in which case the Traveler will receive an email containing a booking code, as well as the Supplier's contact information, an invoice and a cancellation link.
By booking on behalf of other participants, you are deemed to be the designated contact person for every participant included on that booking. This means that you are responsible for making all payments due in connection with the Supplier, communicating with the Supplier and notifying the Supplier if any changes or cancellations are required and keeping your party informed. By booking on behalf of another person or persons, you represent and warrant that you have obtained all required consents. You are responsible for verifying that any information you provide on behalf of another participant is complete and accurate and the Supplier will under no circumstances be liable for any errors or omissions in the information provided to complete a booking. At least one participant must be 18 years of age or older.
Prices are definitive and cannot be modified by the Supplier after a booking is made unless the Traveler agrees to such a change.
Unless otherwise specified, prices do not include any local taxes or use-fees, including foreign departure, security, port charges, park fees, customs, immigration, agricultural, passenger-facility charges or international transportation tax. Tours do not include things not listed in the "included" section.
A deposit of 15% of the total price must be paid to reserve the tour. The remaining 85% are to be paid to the Supplier on the first day of the tour according to the Supplier's payment options.
Each tour, activity or transport has a cancellation policy that defines the period during which the deposit is partially refundable:
With each booking made on Triptipedia, the Traveler receives an email containing a cancellation link that can be used to cancel the booking.
The Traveler is charged a fee of 3% of the deposit when cancelling a booking within the period defined by the cancellation policy.
Example: A Traveler books a $1000 tour, he or she will pay a $150 deposit. If the Traveler cancels within the period defined by the cancellation policy, he or she is refunded $145.50 (97% of the deposit, minus a 3% fee of $4.50).
The refund is usually made within 5-10 business days on the account of the credit card used to pay the deposit.
If the Traveler cancels after the refund period defined by the cancellation policy, the 15% deposit is lost but the remaining 85% won't have to be paid.
The Traveler must carry a valid passport and have obtained all of the appropriate visas, permits and certificates for the countries which will be visited during the tour, activity or transport services. The Traveler's passport must be valid for 6 months beyond the duration of the trip. It is the Traveler's responsibility to ensure that he or she is in possession of the correct visas, permits and certificates for the trip. Triptipedia is not responsible if the Traveler is refused entry to a country.
Triptipedia enables Suppliers to list their tours, activities and transports directly on the Triptipedia website as well as on Triptipedia's affiliates websites.
Suppliers are responsible for all the tours posted on Triptipedia and for keeping their tours accurate and up-to-date. Tours can be modified with the "edit" button. Furthermore, Triptipedia assumes no responsability regarding Suppliers compliance with the law and any contracts made with a third-party. Triptipedia reserves the right to remove all the tours and disable the Supplier account without prior notice and for any reason.
Tours listed on Triptipedia must be at least available in English.
When listing a tour, an activity or a transport service on Triptipedia, the Supplier has to enter a total price. This price corresponds to the total amount paid by the Traveler booking the tour. The Supplier will get paid by the Traveler a net amount corresponding to 85% of the total price.
The total price of a tour cannot be higher than the Supplier's public price for this tour. Triptipedia garantees its Travelers the best price for a given tour.
If the Traveler is expected to pay a tax (such as an occupancy tax or a tourism tax) or any extra fee (such as a credit card fee), the Supplier must give this information as well as the amount or the percentage to be paid in the tour details.
A cancellation made by a Supplier is charged 0.6% of the total price (deposit plus payout), which is equivalent to 4% of the deposit. Cancellations can be paid using credits (see below).
We understand that cancellations happen sometimes, however, we reserve the right to suspend Suppliers that abuse of cancellations without justification.
If a Traveler cancels after the refund period (defined by the cancellation policy), or in the case of a no-show, the Supplier is entitled to a compensation. This compensation is given to the Supplier as credits and amounts to 25% of the Traveler's deposit.
In the case of a late cancellation, the credit will be automatically credited within 24 hours. However, in the event of a no-show, the Supplier must contact Triptipedia to report it. Any false report of a no-show will result in legal action and immediate termination of the account.
The suppliers will use commercially reasonable efforts to accommodate customers arriving after any no-show cut-off time.
Suppliers can earn credits on Triptipdia in various ways:
Credits are displayed in USD, the amount is visible in the Supplier dashboard. Credits expire after one year. When credits are used for a payment, the oldest ones are used first.
Credits can be use to pay, entierly or partially, for Supplier-related expenses, such as:
Travel agencies and travel agents are allowed to list the tours of their suppliers on Triptipedia.
The listed price cannot be higher than the public price of the end company giving the tour. See "6.1 - Prices" for more details.
Travel agencies listing their tours on Triptipedia must directly handle all communication with the traveler (inquiries pre and post booking) and be the only entity that the traveler faces up to the day of the tour.
Triptipedia is provided "as is" and without warranty of any kind. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we and our affiliates and third party service providers disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, including (but not limited to) implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of proprietary rights, or any other warranty, condition, guarantee or representation, whether oral or electronic. You are solely responsible for any damage to your computer or mobile device, loss of use, or loss of your user content. We do not guarantee that Triptipedia will always work properly.