Triptipedia readers are looking for travel-related practical advice. If you want your travel tip to be successful, be sure to answer very specific "how", "what", "where" and "when" questions that people might have:
- How to go from point A to point B?
- What to expect when visiting this place?
- Where to take this bus?
- When to travel to this region?
If you want to talk about the "why" ("why visit this place?"), feel free to do so, but keep it brief in comparison to the more practical advice.
You are also welcome to add some background educational information; such as history, culture, fun facts, etc.
Tips for writing a good travel tip
- Use proper grammar, spelling and avoid the text message writing style.
- Add pictures that fit your topic.
- Make your tip about one concise subject. Create multiple tips instead of one big tip gathering too many different topics.
- The tags that you add must be relevant to the topic you're giving advice on.
- Use your own style, vocabulary and English dialect
Self-promotion and advertisement are not allowed in travel tips. However, you are welcome to talk about your business / activity / blog / etc and share your website URL and social networks in your public profile. For more information, please refer to the rules.
If you wish to publish a sponsored tip, please contact us.
A minimum of 200 words is required to submit a travel tip.
Travel tip ideas
- Transport system of a specific city
- A journey from a specific place to another one
- Comparisons of banks and ATMs regarding withdrawing fees
- Top things to do in a specific place
- Lesser known things to do in a specific place
- Traveling safely in a specific place or in general
- Avoiding the crowds while visiting a popular spot
- Crossing a specific border
- A common scam that you know or have been a victim of
- Having a specific diet in a place with very few options
- An event such as a festival, a tradition or a celebration
- Hitchhiking in a specific place
- Traveling with a disability in a specific place
- Learning a language
- An activity that's popular with the locals
- Behaviors that locals have that can be surprising to visitors
- Proper behavior to adopt to respect the local culture
- Buying specific items
- Packing light for a specific place or activity
- Banned items in a specific country
- Working or studying abroad
- The schedule for a place, a bus or anything else
- Dealing with solicitators
- Where to find official information
- Doing laundry in a specific place
- Local dishes to try
- Bargaining in a specific place
- Traveling as a LGBT
- Travel insurance and required paperwork
- Visiting bars and clubs in a specific place
- Internet censorship
- Using a specific transportation mode such as renting a scooter
- Reducing the negative impact of traveling
- A hike that requires some knowledge
- Sending and receiving mail in a specific country
- Visting a specific place on a budget
- Places to visit related to specific interests or hobbies
- Traveling as a family
- Booking online vs booking on the spot
- Long term traveling
- Dressing properly in a specific place
- Reimbursement and / or compensation after a cancellation
- Buying a SIM card in a specific country
- Using mobile payments options
- Dealing with corrupted officials
- Accomodation options in a specific place
- Traveling as a digital nomad
- Laws that foreigners might not know about
- Climate and weather information, such as seasons
- Driving in a specific country
- Getting a visa
- Overstaying a visa
- Sensitive topics to avoid in a specific place
- Using a taxi or a peer-to-peer ridesharing service
- Use of English by locals in a specific place
- Exchanging money
- Tipping in a specific country
- Laws regarding drug use
- Frequent natural disasters that can happen in a specific place
- Racism and discrimiation in a specific place
- Going to the hospital in a specific country