Contributing to Triptipedia,
Triptipedia is a collaborative project, everybody can write a travel tip to share with the community. Our contributors are very diverse: travelers, locals, tourism professionals, etc.
A travel tip is basically an article sharing advice or important information that travelers might find useful.
Choosing a topic to write about
The subject of your tip must naturally be travel-related. Contributors often pick a specific place,
but it's not mandatory.
You can find a list of ideas at the bottom of this page.
Writing a successful travel tip
Travel tips that get the most traffic usually contain important information such as: prices, schedules, maps, itineraries... They also answer questions
that travelers might have, here are a few examples:
- How to go from point A to point B?
- Wow much does it cost to visit this city?
- What is the best season to travel to this region?
Don't forget to:
- Use proper grammar, spelling and avoid the text message writing style.
- Add pictures that fit the topic of your travel tip.
- Include relevant tags.
- Use your own style, vocabulary and English dialect / type. Do not worry if English is not your first language, travel tips are proofread before being
published, we'll fix the small mistakes for you.
Feel free to have a look at the travel tips already published, they can be a great source of inspiration.
You'll need a minimum of 200 words and 1 picture to submit a travel tip.
Self-promotion and advertisement are not allowed in travel tips. However, you are welcome to use your public profile to talk about your business/activity/blog and share your website URL and social media. For more information, please refer to the rules.
If you wish to publish a sponsored travel tip, please contact us.
You can submit your travel tips directly on Triptipedia using our online editor.
If it's not already done, create an account by clicking on "Join", in the top menu. Then use the write a tip button to start writing your travel tip.
Topic ideas for your travel tips
- Transport system of a specific city
- A journey from a specific place to another one
- Comparisons of banks and ATMs regarding withdrawing fees
- Top things to do in a specific place
- Lesser known things to do in a specific place
- Traveling safely in a specific place or in general
- Avoiding the crowds while visiting a popular spot
- Crossing a specific border
- A common scam that you know or have been a victim of
- Having a specific diet in a place with very few options
- An event such as a festival, a tradition or a celebration
- Hitchhiking in a specific place
- Traveling with a disability in a specific place
- Learning a language
- An activity that's popular with the locals
- Behaviors that locals have that can be surprising to visitors
- Proper behavior to adopt to respect the local culture
- Buying specific items
- Packing light for a specific place or activity
- Banned items in a specific country
- Working or studying abroad
- The schedule for a place, a bus or anything else
- Dealing with solicitators
- Where to find official information
- Doing laundry in a specific place
- Local dishes to try
- Bargaining in a specific place
- Traveling as a LGBT
- Travel insurance and required paperwork
- Visiting bars and clubs in a specific place
- Internet censorship
- Using a specific transportation mode such as renting a scooter
- Reducing the negative impact of traveling
- A hike that requires some knowledge
- Sending and receiving mail in a specific country
- Visting a specific place on a budget
- Places to visit related to specific interests or hobbies
- Traveling as a family
- Booking online vs booking on the spot
- Long term traveling
- Dressing properly in a specific place
- Reimbursement and / or compensation after a cancellation
- Buying a SIM card in a specific country
- Using mobile payments options
- Dealing with corrupted officials
- Accomodation options in a specific place
- Traveling as a digital nomad
- Laws that foreigners might not know about
- Climate and weather information, such as seasons
- Driving in a specific country
- Getting a visa
- Overstaying a visa
- Sensitive topics to avoid in a specific place
- Using a taxi or a peer-to-peer ridesharing service
- Use of English by locals in a specific place
- Exchanging money
- Tipping in a specific country
- Xenophobia and discrimiation in a specific place
- Laws regarding drug use
- Frequent natural disasters that can happen in a specific place
- Going to the hospital in a specific country