Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
We have aspirations to be a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) in the near future. We're a remote team of made up of 50+ core-contributors and growing community of members scattered around the globe. We care deeply about open source software, and our organizational structure does away with hierarchy and fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities. You can read about the principles that underline our work here.
You will create resources that help and inspire new users to contribute to, and build on, the Status platform. Working closely with our Marketing, Product & Engineering teams, you’ll be responsible for creating and maintaining our general documentation, developer documentation, as well as building connections in the developer ecosystem. You will work with the Status community to help us onboard new developers onto the platform, and ensure that it’s as simple as possible to understand how people can contribute to Status, whether by building extensions, fixing bugs, or helping build and document apps that take full advantage of what Status offers.
* Drive adoption of developers building on, and for, Status by creating excellent documentation that allows people to easily onboard to the platform.
* Create process documentation that clearly and efficiently communicates concepts, ideas, and instructions.
* Work with our development teams to gain an in-depth understanding of the product/project and related specifics on the documentation requirements
* Help define user journeys for new contribution including the relevant documentation required, content needed, and processes for incentivizing and rewarding new contributors.
* Advocate for Status by speaking at conferences and connecting with developer groups and communities that are aligned with our work.
* Be passionate about blockchain technology and decentralisation.
* Have strong experience in a technical writing and/or developer advocacy role.
* Have the ability to quickly understand complex technical concepts and make them understandable through documentation
* Have excellent communication (fluent in English) and collaboration skills.
* Strong organizational skills, structured thinking
* Confident and comfortable reaching out and talking to a multitude of audiences.
* Feel comfortable presenting Status software and/or products
* Prior work experience in the blockchain / crypto space.
* Worked on open source software previously.
* Written technical articles or documentation previous (please provide links if possible).
* Talked at meetups and conferences about a topic you’re passionate about (please provide links if possible).
* Participated in and/or organized hackathons, meetups or conferences.
Don't forget to mention that you found the offer on Triptipedia!
This offer was posted more than 30 days ago, it might have
Apply for this job