Ithaka is a travel social commerce platform with trip planning at the foundation, driven by our community of Travel Influencers. Ithaka helps millennials travel independently to 20 destinations across South East Asia, Central Asia and Europe. We are backed by Thomas Cook India. Read More
- Expand the product to suit the needs of all kinds of travelers. From family travelers to hardcore backpackers and from free independent travelers to those who need a more guided approach to planning their trip.
- Launch across more countries. This means adding support for more geographies, things to do, weather, currencies and payments, transport and accommodation.
- Scale it up to serve millions of users a year, from across the globe. We are seeing decent growth, but it is time to up the game.
How you'll add value:
- Own the architecture and design decisions that go into shaping our backend microservices
- Build and ship robust features.
- Work with web and mobile engineers to design and build APIs to power the traveler and influencer applications.
- Help us scale out to multiple geographies and serve millions of travelers
- An innate desire to grow. Both personally and with respect to the value you add to other people's lives.
- 5+ years industry experience working with golang.
- Sound understanding of CS fundamentals. We don't expect you to remember every algorithm by heart. But if you know how to find the most appropriate one for any given problem, let's talk.
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for technical excellence and product sense.
- Interest in contributing to opensource projects
- Bonus points if you have an interest in the philosophy behind technologies. - You are intrigued by why did people develop certain technologies the way they did.
- Work with a bunch of amazing people on a challenging problem.
- 1 backpacking trip each year to travel outside India. We don't allow you to travel, we WANT you to travel.
- We don't mind work from home/cafe/some random city in the world as long as your work and your team is not disrupted.
- We don't have a leave policy (there is a guideline for legal reasons) but you are free to take as much personal time as you need as long as you get your job done.
Python, Django, Golang
CHECKOUT our values and vision: bit.ly/IthakaValuesVision .
As you can tell, we are crazy about travel. Come join us if you are too.
Don't forget to mention that you found the offer on Triptipedia!
This offer was posted more than 30 days ago, it might have
Apply for this job