Opened in January of 1940, Winter Park Resort is the oldest continuously operating resort in the U.S., and located just 67 miles NW of Denver, is the closest major ski resort to the City. Winter Park’s traditions are deeply rooted in railroad, logging, and the early exploration of Grand County and the local Fraser Valley. Our mission is to “create the best memories, again and again,” for our guests, our employees, our community, and our strategic partners.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Alterra Mountain Company is a community of 12 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real-estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with destinations across the continent, we are rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans five U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Deer Valley in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. We honor each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrate the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone.
To mentor and coach participants in Competition Center programs in an enthusiastic and effective manner that helps the participants set and achieve goals in advanced mountain biking technique and competition and to inspire life-long enjoyment in sport.
* Supervise daily training for competitors as scheduled by the Head/Lead Coach.
* Have high standards for safety in all training environments.
* Assure that all facilities and equipment are properly maintained and stored.
* Conduct athlete goal setting meetings at start of year and review throughout season.
* Travel to pre-determined events with participants and be responsible for on-hill coaching duties.
* Provide positive feedback on a daily basis to participants and submit written year-end evaluations on each participant.
* Communicate needs to effectively do job on a daily basis to Head/Lead coach.
* Participate in coaches meetings, briefings, and other professional functions as directed by the Head/Lead coach and Program Manager.
* High school graduate or GED is required.
* Advanced level mountain bike skills and knowledge as indicated by demonstration to Head/Lead coach. Equivalent to skills required for Level 1 education.
* Must have a minimum of one season in an organized USAC, collegiate, or high school program; or have competition experience in USAC sanctioned events.
* Experience in mountain bike maintenance, and related equipment experience desirable.
* Must have an understanding of current USAC rules and regulations
* The primary physical environment in which this position works is out of doors with a high exposure level to cold, wind, rain, bugs, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, lightning, etc...
* The degree of strenuous activity within the job is considered to be high. Often lifting a weight of 50 pounds throughout the day is common.
* Additional strenuous physical activity may include walking or hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or equipment.
* Exposure to: Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing, and painting Ultra Violet radiation from the sun enhanced through lack of atmospheric filtration at work altitude. Fumes produced in activities ranging from cleaning to painting to fabrication of metal products. Noise generated by lift equipment, and tools may require hearing protection to be worn.
* Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
* Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal
employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Don't forget to mention that you found the offer on Triptipedia!
This offer was posted more than 30 days ago, it might have
Apply for this job