This excursion takes you to the most popular and famous attractions in Bangladesh as recommended by the famous tour guide books such as BRADT and Lonely Planet. Start the tour with a full day in Dhaka experiencing the crowded and vibrant Capitol city before boarding the British built, century old Rocket Paddle wheel steamer for a once-in- a-lifetime journey on the ……. River to the 15th Century Muslim City of Bagerhat. Spend 3 days exploring Sundarbans, the largest mangrove forest in the world and home to the Bengal Tiger. Next visit the ancient archaeological sites in Rajshahi.
From Rajshahi you'll travel to Sreemangal, the tea capitol of Bangladesh. From Sreemangal journey to the hill-tract regions of the Chittagong Division. Explore the picturesque hills of Bandarban and experience the lifestyles of its many different and colorful local tribes. See To experience the best places, attractions and encounters in a single tour, take the Best of Bangladesh Tour!
Day One: Arrival, Roaming Around Nearby
Day Two: Visit all historic sites of Old Dhaka and embark on Rocket Paddle Steamer
Day Three: Explore Khalifatabad a Medieval Lost City, the UNESCO World Heritage Site
Day Four: Sundarban: Harbaria and Kochikhali
Day Five: Sundarban: Kochikhali Tiger-point and Kotka Wildlife Sanctuary
Day Six: Sundarban: Karamjol Wildlife Rescue Center and Khulna
Day Seven: Khulna - Rajshahi by Train, and Temple Village Puthia
Day Eight: Kusumba Mosque, Somapura Mahavihara, Mahasthangarh
Day Nine: River Island of Jamuna / Free Morning, Drive to Dhaka
Day Ten: Sreemangal: Tea Plantations, Lemon & Pineapple Orchards
Day Eleven: Sreemangal: Wildlife and Scenic Hiking through Lawachara National Park, Tribal Village
Day Twelve: Free Morning, Sreemangal - Dhaka
Day Thirteen: Visit Old Capital Sonargaon
Day Fourteen: Dhaka - Chittagong by Flight, Rangamati
Day Fifteen: Rangamati-Bandarban, Tribal Museum, Golden Temple, Nilachal
Day Sixteen: Bandarban: Tribal Villages and Sangu River
Day Seventeen: Bandarban-Chittagong, Ship Breaking Yard - Fly Back to Dhaka
Day Eighteen: Departure and Goodbye
* Visit all 3 UNESCO world Heritage sites of Bangladesh.
* Discover the largest mangrove forest on earth – Sundarbans, for full 3 days.
* Overnight journey on a century old paddle steamer called Rocket.
* Visit historical sites at Bagerhat, a UNESCO world heritage city from 15th century, including 60 Dome Mosque.
* Visit another UNESCO World Heritage site, Sompur Mahabihara, a Buddhist monastery from 8th century
* Visit beautiful temples, palaces, and all historic mosques of Rajshahi.
* Visit Sreemangal, the tea capital of Bangladesh
* Trek Lawachhara National Park, and visit tribal villages.
* Full day tour of Old Dhaka
* Ride Bangladeshi train – a unique experience.
* Visit beautiful hills and tribal villages in Chittagong Hill-Tracts area.
* Boat ride on Kaptai Lake at Rangamati.
* Air conditioned vehicles with driver
* Professional English Speaking Guide
* All entrance tickets
* All necessary permission fees
* 17 nights accommodation on twin sharing basis with complementary breakfast.
* Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
* Tea, coffee and unlimited mineral water while in the Sundhaban
* Late afternoon snacks while in the Sundhaban
* All transportation (Train, Car, Tuk-tuk, Rickshaw, Country Boat, Flight)
* All boat rides!
* All Flights according to the itinerary
* All tips except our guides, drivers and boat crews
18 days / 17 nights
|Tour type||Private tour|
|Age requirement||All ages accepted|
|Your group size||Min 1, max 4|
|Duration||18 days / 17 nights|
|Food options||Vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, halal|
Air-conditioned (Car, Paddle Steamer Rocket), Tuk-tuk, Country boat, Accommodation on twin-sharing basis for 17 nights in the boat & hotel
Personal Expenses, souvenirs, food, drinks, snacks
Women please wear long dresses with comfortable shoes.
Since local people don't see many foreign tourists they might be a bit curious but are very friendly and cooperative peoples. Please be polite to the locals!
Sun protection, bug repellent, rain coat, hiking boots.