$410 / group
Barisal is one of the most beautiful destinations in southern Bangladesh. It's called 'the Venice of Bengal' for its beauty. There is another saying that, 'Rice, Canals and Rivers make Barisal'. Ralph Fitch, a leather merchant and the first ever Englishman known to have visited Bengal in the mid-1580s, described Barisal in his journal as, 'Bacola' (locally known as Bakla). Every year Barisal attracts domestic as well as international tourists in large numbers. All the rivers, canals and creeks spread out like a network.
This tour gives you a chance to explore the most beautiful regions in Barisal by cruising the backwaters of Swarupkathi. This is the heaven for Guava orchards, Hog Plum, Coconut, Palm trees and floating market (here goods are sold from boats to customers on the river). Numerous exclusive species of aquatic life such as crabs, frogs and mud-skippers, water birds including terns, kingfishers, cormorants and many more live in Barisal.
Night One: Dhaka-Barisal, Overnight at Rocket
Day One: Explore the Riverine Beauty of Bangladesh
Day Two: Discover Extensively Rural Area, Floating and Log Market, Fruit Orchards
Night Three: Barisal-Dhaka, Drop to Hotel
* Overnight on antique paddle rocket steamer
* Backwater cruises on a country boat to see the scenic view
* Visit some village market (Bazaar)
* Visit the biggest log market in Bangladesh
* Visit rural areas
* Discover some different floating markets
* Visit a coconut shell factory
* Visit a brick factory
* Interacting with local people
* Enjoy a unique experience beyond your expectation
* AC car for pick up and drop off from hotel to Sadarghat and Sadarghat to hotel
* Accommodation for 01 night on twin sharing basis in Barisal at Hotel Arena / Hotel Grand Park
* 2 nights on Rocket / Passenger ferry in sleeping cabin on twin sharing basis.
* Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
* Tea, coffee and mineral water while on the country boat in Barisal
* All local transport (Tuk-Tuk and Rickshaw)
* Professional English Speaking Guide
* All tips except our guide and driver
3 days / 3 nights
|Tour type||Private tour|
|Age requirement||All ages accepted|
|Your group size||Min 1, max 4|
|Duration||3 days / 3 nights|
|Food options||Vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, halal|
Air-conditioned (car, paddle steamer rocket), tuk-tuk, country boat, accommodation on twin-sharing basis for three nights in the boat & hotel
Personal expenses, souvenirs, food, drinks, snacks
Women please wear long dresses with comfortable shoes.
Since local people don't see many foreign tourists they might be a bit curious but are very friendly and cooperative peoples. Please be polite to the locals!
Sun protection, bug repellent, rain coat, hiking boots.