Are you on your way to Thailand, and want some advice so your not a tourist target, if so read on!
I’ve met a lot of fellow tourists during our stay around Thailand, and have discovered that they also have had the same issues with Tuk-Tuk drivers! Especially around Koh San Road.
If you want to be prepared before you arrive, as it can be quite overwhelming, here are just a few tips:
1. TukTuks are on commission, so if you hire them to take you to some temples for a hour, they will take you to random shop at the end of your trip in hope that you will buy something (they will get a special stamp/ or money if you do) One example would be a high end suit making shop, and it will be very awkward and uncomfortable! We ran out giggling....!
2. You will get told that Koh San Road is shut because there is a fight down there, OR that its a special day today, only today to see floating market! TRUST ME Do not believe them, they are trying to get you in their Tuktuk to make their money.
3. You will be asked over and over by many Tuktuk drivers while on your peaceful stroll if you would like to go on a day trip to see the local Temples, or to the floating markets - if you don’t want to go just tell them that you have been to them all already! Job done!
4. You will be hooked in by a friendly face, asking your name and where you are from, and before you know it they would of sold you a trip to a floating market.
5. Tuk-Tuks are the most fun way to get around, so don’t be put off by these few tips, as soon as they know you know your stuff - and your not a new naive tourist- they will just take you to where you want to go.
Any other tips tips for travelling in Tuk-tuks in Thailand please comment below!
-Experience the thrill of exploring Bangkok by tuk tuk, Long Tail Boat, Sky Train … etc -Take in the beauty of Bangkok lit up at night. -Sample some of the city’s famous local food. -Visit Wat Pho and the Flower Market such as many more.
Visit ElephantsWorld, and feed and bathe rescued animals. Take a guided tour of Kanchanaburi as well and see the Bridge on the River Kwai and more.