Cuba has a tropical climate with two distinct seasons
- Wet season runs from May to October.
- Dry season runs from November to April.
(If you want the best prices on accommodation avoid holidays)
- Peak Season: December to March, July and August.
- Shoulder Season: April, May, June, and November.
- Off-Season: September and October.
SPRING IS THE BEST TIME TO VISIT CUBA
- Great weather.
- Cheap flights.
- Availability and lowest price on accommodations.
WORST TIME TO Visit CUBA
- Hurricane season: officially runs from 1 June to 30 November. Hurricanes are only a realistic danger between mid August and early October.
- Risk of flight cancellation.
(Not surprisingly during the hurricane season is the cheapest time to visit Cuba)
What to Wear
- Everyone in Havana dresses very casually and simple, leave your expensive jewelry at home. Since the weather is warm lightweight natural fabrics such as linen and cotton work well.
- Bring one fancy outfit if you’re planning on going to a famous restaurant or Tropicana Show.
- Jeans and t-shirts also work (except in hot and humid months). Bikinis, shorts, sandals, sleeveless cotton dresses and shirts are the order of the day. Wear comfortable shoes to walk a lot.
- In winter, pack a jacket or light sweater for the cooler evenings.
(Always pack plenty of sunscreen)