Have you ever heard of Torres del Paine National Park, the ultimate trekking destination? If you are on you way to the southernmost tip of the South American continent, the following travel tips will be useful to you, as many aspects of your trip will be unpredictable there, starting with the weather.
Torres del Paine National Park, Patagonia, Chile
- Take your main hiking gear on the plane with you (e.i. wear your hiking boots and put a few hiking clothes in your CARRY ON LUGGAGE) in case your checked luggage doesn’t arrive on time…
- At the airport customs, they will hand you a PDI receipt along with your passport. KEEP IT! You will need it to hand it back upon leaving the country.
- Mountain water in Patagonia is wonderful! No needs for filters… However, you want to bring with you your OWN WATER BOTTLE as Madre Roca is a plastic-free company and won’t provide water bottles in the boxed lunch
- TIPPING is a common practice in Chile but it is not compulsory. If you wish to tip, make sure to bring extra-cash for your driver and guide.
- WEATHER is very unpredictable in Patagonia, especially in the summertim which can be extremely WINDY. Make sure to bring enough layers with you to be windproof, waterproof, coldproof, and thus painproof!