Located on a promontory that bursts into the landscape and dominates the plain, the Collegiate Church of Santa María shines at its highest point.
The town of Bolea was Roman possession and Muslim possession, belongs to Huesca (Aragón, España), dominates the extensive plains of La Hoya de Huesca and La Sotonera.
It had the privilege of Priory of the Royal Abbey of Montearagón until 1571, later it became part of the Diocese of Huesca with the denomination of Collegiate Church. It was built on the site that occupied the Muslim palace-castle, one of its turrets was used for the bell tower of the current Collegiate.
Corresponds to the Gothic-Renaissance transition.
* Romanesque: Remains of the foundation and a crypt under the presbytery.
* Gothic-Renaissance: The current temple.
Highly recommended place to visit, in the highest part, there are banks where you can spend time sunbathing, resting, watching the beautiful landscape.
📍 Coordinates (42.258358,-0.552919)
* 2,50€ general
* 2€ groups of more than 20 people,
* Free for children up to 12 years old, except in groups.
* June - September: 10.00 -13.30 h // 16.00 - 20.00 h.
* October: Saturdays, Sundays and holidays: 10.00 - 13.30 h. // 16.00-19.00 h. Closed Monday.
* November - March: Saturdays, Sundays and holidays: 11.00 - 13.30 h. // 16.00-18.00 h. Thursday closed.
* April - May: Saturdays, Sundays and holidays: 10.00 - 13.30 h. // 16.00-19.00 h. Closed Monday.
* Mondays in June, September, October
* December 25
* January 1
Colegiata Church Religion Spain Europe Aragón Bolea Santa María
Discover Barcelona's Gotic District over the ages!
Walk around the medieval Old Town and travel in time with the stories and legends from the past. See the most important monuments of the Gothic quarter. At the end of your trip, relax with a glass of Sangria in the Boqueria Market.
Day-Trip from Sevilla to Granada
Discover the City of Granada on a day trip from the City of Seville, walking its main and characteristic neighborhoods and the City of the Alhambra and its palaces.