If this is your maiden flight from NYC to London, you might have some questions about the trip. I have tried to answer most of the frequently asked questions.
1. London is the world’s third most-visited city after Hong Kong and Bangkok (19.2 million visitors, 2017)
2. Situated on the River Thames in South-East England
3. It’s the seventh greenest cities in the world with 14164 hectares of green spaces
4. Three of the top ten museums and galleries in the world are in London and 857 art galleries in total.
5. London has four UNESCO world heritage sites: Tower of London, Maritime Greenwich, Westminster Palace and Kew’s Royal Botanic Gardens.
6. There are over 300 languages spoken in London, more than any other city in the world.
7. There are more than 17,000 music performances a year across London's 300+ venues including the O2 arena - the world's most popular music venue.
8. London has over 170 museums with 11 national museums including the British Museum - home to thousands of years of culture including the Rosetta Stone (196 BC).
9. Wilton’s Music Hall in the city is the world’s oldest surviving Music Hall, built in 1743 and still a living piece of London’s musical history.
10. London is the world’s third busiest film production centrer
The straight-line flight distance from NYC to London is 3,466 miles (5578 km). The distance may increase or decrease if there is any diversion on the route due to weather, political unrest or security issues. Contact your airline’s to know about any changes in the flight distance.
Assuming your aircraft is flying with a speed of 804.67 km per hour or 500 miles per hour, the flight time comes as 7 hours and 26 minutes. However, this should not be mistaken as the total time from one airport to another. This is purely the time spent by an aircraft in the air. It excludes the take-off and landing times.
London is an all-season tourist destination. The best time to visit London spans across the spring, summer, and autumn. The period from mid-May to mid-September is pleasant with warm temperatures and long days. The temperatures are in the range of 10°C (50°F) to 26.7°C (80.1°F). London hardly sees over 35°C (95°F) in the summer months.
1. The warmest month: July (23.5°C)
2. The coldest month: February (2.1°C)
3. Months with most sunshine: June, July
4. The month with the longest days: June
5. The month with the highest number of rainy days: January
Buckingham Palace is the London residence of the Queen, in Westminster. Open for tours during the summer months only, but a must-see sight even if you don't go in. (Tube: Green Park)
London Eye is the world's fourth-largest observation wheel, situated on the South Bank of the Thames with magnificent views over London. (Tube: Waterloo)
Marble Arch is a white Carrara marble monument designed by John Nash. It is located in the middle of a huge traffic island at one of the busiest intersections in central London where Oxford Street meets Park Lane in Mayfair. (Tube: Marble Arch)
Piccadilly Circus is one of the most photographed sights in London. (Tube: Piccadilly Circus)
St Paul's Cathedral is Sir Christopher Wren's great accomplishment, built after the 1666 Great Fire of London - the great dome is still seated in majesty over The City. (Tube: St Paul's)
Tower Bridge is a 19th century bridge located by the Tower of London near the City. (Tube: Tower Hill)
Tower of London. Located in the eastern part of the city, Tower of London is an original 900 years old royal fortress by the Thames.
This trip will take you to some of the most beautiful destinations in Peru. Together, we travel to wondrous places such as Cusco, Pisaq ruins, Maras, Moray, Salineras, Ollantaytambo and finally the astonishing Machu Picchu.